list all users in a group

Maria Burrows May 2, 2017

Running jira server 7.3.0

I want to display and print, if need be, a list of all users (customers, jira users and agents) by group in jira.    Is this possible? 

Seems I am looking to hard into this, such a simple thing, and can not see an obvious way to do this.

Thanks

4 answers

2 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2020

Hello,

Check out the following thread with a similar question, There are examples using both Add-on apps and the Rest API to accomplish this:

Regards,
Earl

1 vote
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2017

You can use the user-list macro in Confluence if it is using the same groups. There's no really great answer for it in JIRA :(

Maria Burrows May 7, 2017

thanks Matt for your suggestion.  Will check this out as an option.

1 vote
Rakesh Chauhan May 2, 2017

You can definetly create a group and add the requuried members in that group but i am unable to understand how you want to user this group and where you would like to display and print?

Maria Burrows May 3, 2017

Yes. Easy to setup a group with users.  No problem there at all.  But I just want some way to list/print users in any group.  So I have a hardcopy printout of all the users in a group.

Rakesh Chauhan May 3, 2017

Jira doesn;t have any print option but you can use Chrome print otption to save the user list which you would like to Print.

Right click on web page which you would like to print and save with PDF. This will save the users in PDf format which can you print or send through email. if you are satisfied with the answer then please vote and like it. Thanks in advance

Laurent Bierge
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2017

Hi,

You can do this with your sql database.

I use mysql, here's my request:

select lower_child_name, parent_name from cwd_membership order by parent_name;

To export the result, you can use this out of your sql database:

mysql -h databseServer  -u jiradbuser-p jiradb -e "sql_request"

You can easily convert this file with excel.

Regards

Like kaizad.irani likes this
Maria Burrows May 7, 2017

Thank you Laurent.  Will give this a go in future.  Have had to simply use print and save as pdf option as suggested by AtlassianPassion above.  

At least I have a saved listing floating around.

regards

Maria

Laurent Bierge
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 10, 2017

Ok,

Try it when you have the time. I was new to sql but it turned out the be usefull when i wanted to get specific information like this. It's also very easy to convert the output data into nice excel table.

Good luck !

Regards,

Laurent

0 votes
Muhammad Waqas January 9, 2020

List<ApplicationUser> users = (List<ApplicationUser>) ComponentAccessor.getGroupManager().getUsersInGroup(group);

Suggest an answer