linksHierarchyFilter with only cloned by issues

Dennis Verdaasdonk February 11, 2014

Hi there we are using the linksHierarchy plugin and we would like to make a JQL filter that has the following structure:

Project A has a filter 12706,a and we like to fined all closed issue form Project B to Project A

we wanted to use this filter:

linksHierarchyFilter(12706, 3,ouward,"is cloned by")

but still it finds also Relates To issues, we would only like to have the Is Cloned by Issues

according to the documenentation this is possible, but not told how the parameter 3 -> Link direction and 4 -> Linke type should be filled, i have tried a lot of differnt options but all did not give the wanted end result

2 answers

1 vote
Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2014

The JQL parameters works by EXCLUSION. It means everything is included by default unless you explicitely exclude it.

Leaving any parameter empty means "ALL".

Hence, you might try:

linksHierarchyFilter(12706, 3,inward, "relates")

in order to exclude inward linked issues and relates link types.

linksHierarchyFilter(12706, 3,"", "relates")

would ignore the link direction (it means all the inward and outward links would be included).

You can get the required link type names parameters easily by moving the mouse over the link node on the tree graph. For instance, for a "is blocked by" linked issue it would by "Blocks" or something similar.

Joseph Sosa November 12, 2015

This is a helpful tidbit - especially the required link type names. You can find this in Admin pages under the Issue Linking page. This JQL filter is expecting the values in the "Name" column. Now, I am trying to figure out how to exclude more than one link type.

0 votes
Filipe February 25, 2014

Hi Dennis,

Can i suggest :

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/pt.lt.lfcribeiro.jira.jqlLTFunctions

Theres a function "ExecuteQuery()" that lets you run a SQL statement and also functions on linkedfilters

Regards,

Suggest an answer