linking initiatives to existing epics in portfolio 2.0

Vikas Verma June 9, 2016

i am using the live plan in portfolio 2.0 and it works great so far. I have also configured the hierarchy and created new level for "Initiative", tied to a new issuetype called "Initiative". I am now able to see initiatives in my scope view.

Now, in the scope view, I can create initiatives, create epics under the initiative and stories under the epics. But I have alot of Epics in JIRA Projects that I want to be able to bring under new initiatives that I create.

In classic plans i used to be able to select a epic and select "Move to Initiative", portfolio 2.0 doesn't seem to have this option or may be I am missing something.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 answer

2 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2016

I think all you need to do is add the Initiatives field to the scope view and then select the appropriate intiative.

Christopher Perez June 14, 2016

It took a bit of searching, but I was able to assign existing epics into an initiative. The Initiatives field is not available when the scope view is set to Initiative. I had to change the scope view to show epics, and then I was able to make the Initiatives field visible and assign a parent initiative.

I haven't tried it out, but I'm assuming you can only assign the level relationship when viewing the level below.

ie:

Level 1 - Initiative

Level 2 - Epic

Level 3 - Story

Level 4 - SubTask.

You can only assign an Epic to an Initiative when viewing Epics, and you can only assign stories to an Epic when viewing stories.

Jochen Häberle July 29, 2016

You need to administer the hierarchy setting in Admin - addOns first. Add a level and assign your initiative issue type.

After that you can select the level and use it like the default levels Epic - Story - Subtask.

Suggest an answer