linking Jira and Confluence

Michal Crkon August 27, 2013

Hi Folks. We have a problem with linking. It is possible to create a link from Confluence to JIRA but when we try to go from JIRA to Confluence using the Link mechanism and click on Confluence an error is displayed .We run on Jira 5.2.10 and Confluence 4.3.6 . How to fix it? Thanks, Miso

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michal Crkon August 28, 2013

Thanks for help guys. After meeting with management we decided to not use this link which came probably as a part of some plug in to our JIRA. we will use web link instead of it. Thanks again, miso

0 votes
Mark Symons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2013

This is going from memory (my eval Confluence is not running at the moment) but I recall having problem that was similar:

• It was real easy to create link from Confluence to JIRA
  • Creating link from JIRA to Confluence failed for no readily apparent reason... I would be asked to authenticate and then I would be asked again, and again, all without error.

The problem was that I was attempting to link to a page in my own space private space in Confluence. As soon as I entered a URL for a public page I linked just fine. And that was good enough for me at the time... I never went back to try and tweak things.

0 votes

i checked log files = nothing. no error displayed. i hope it is default function ( linking) if not user doesnt initialized function :-(. Linking is something new for me so sorry for OT.

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2013

What about the log files, anything in there that could help us?

0 votes

There is just written Error. The same occurs on our testing environment too.

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2013

I guess posting what error you're talking about would help identifying the problem ;-)

Suggest an answer