linked issues - automatically update status on the issue its linked to when changed?

tom webb November 4, 2014

how can i set up linked issues to automatically update the status on the issue its linked to when changed?

1 answer

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2014
tom webb November 7, 2014

thank you for that, how exactly am i able to do this though?

sorry i am very new to JIRA trying to set it up myself, i dont understand exactly what i need to do.. enter a new transition into both workflows? and what exactly do i enter?

tom webb November 7, 2014

would anyone be able to help me with this? really struggling sad

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2014

Sorry for the late reply. Make sure the mentioned plugin is enabled. Start here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Managing+JIRA%27s+Add-ons So you have two workflows for two different issue types. Lets say you want to close the linked issue if the other issue gets closed. So for issuetype A and B you have a "Close" transition. In each of these two transitions you would need to add this postfunction. Please refer to the documentaion mentioned in the answer.

Suggest an answer