linked issues - automatically update status on the issue its linked to when changed?

how can i set up linked issues to automatically update the status on the issue its linked to when changed?

1 answer

thank you for that, how exactly am i able to do this though?

sorry i am very new to JIRA trying to set it up myself, i dont understand exactly what i need to do.. enter a new transition into both workflows? and what exactly do i enter?

would anyone be able to help me with this? really struggling sad

Sorry for the late reply. Make sure the mentioned plugin is enabled. Start here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Managing+JIRA%27s+Add-ons So you have two workflows for two different issue types. Lets say you want to close the linked issue if the other issue gets closed. So for issuetype A and B you have a "Close" transition. In each of these two transitions you would need to add this postfunction. Please refer to the documentaion mentioned in the answer.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

191 views 1 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you