link without drilldown

Bram Jekel November 4, 2016

I want to be able to create a link from a JIRA issue X in Project A to a JIRA issue Y in Project B. However certain users should not be allowed to drill-down on created link to issue Y in Project A.

Is this possible and if so how?

Thanks for your help.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2016

If the user does not have access to see issue Y in project A, then they will not see the link at all, let alone be able to click on it.

Bram Jekel November 4, 2016

I do want the user to see the link but the user should not be able to drilldown on it but still see the ID, name, type, status, assignee as with any other linked issue.

Blocking access to project A will not do it because the user will not see anything.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2016

That's not supported - I don't think Atlassian think it's a good UI to tell a user that there's a link but then not allow them to use it.

Bram Jekel November 8, 2016

The reason why we want to have this in place is that we want to display reports to stakeholders in Confluence where we do not want to share the details (no drill-down). These reports need to contain JIRA information like status, summary and key where based on user rights the associated JIRA issue can be displayed.

Is there an ootb way of doing this or maybe a good plugin which can offer this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2016

Not that I know of, directly.  The tools are built for sharing, not hiding.

I think you'd need to write an add-on that can extract the information you need to obscure the underlying data for.

Suggest an answer