link to show all shared dashboards on Jira

StevePeacocke March 16, 2015

We have a number of managers who simply want to log in every now and again and look at a dashboard. They want a list of dashboards automatically showing up so they can choose to see an Overview, or project specific dashboards. I shouldn't need to sit with each of these managers and train them in finding dashboards.

I can put a link in the System Dashboard that takes people to the search page, but I want a link that automatically shows all shared dashboards that they are allowed to see (permissions). Is there some secret way to do this? or am I barking up the wrong tree here and there is an easier\better way to show shared dashboards?

1 answer

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2015

https://yoursite.com/secure/ConfigurePortalPages!default.jspa#view=popular is probably the closest thing to that. It won't be an exhaustive list, but it will give you at least the most common ones. This will become more and more useful if you teach the managers how to add it to their favorites.

We have docs for how to search for Dashboards which you can share with your managers: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Multiple+Dashboard+Pages#ManagingMultipleDashboardPages-FindinganexistingDashboardPage

StevePeacocke March 16, 2015

Thanks Boris. "Popular" may not do it. These are managers who will only jump on to JIRA before a board meeting or some other time, not every day, so teaching them will be "In Progress" forever.

I've been tasked with creating a number of Dashboards for the different projects that all users can see and use depending on their permissions so a link to a full search would be best and they can "favourite" the ones they like.

I may have to take up another line in the "Introduction" dashboard to press "Search" without entering anything else.

Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2015

Another option would be to write a custom plugin which would provide this functionality. Not sure what kind of resources you have, and how big of a problem this is, but I just wanted to make you aware of it.

Suggest an answer