link creation as trigger to set custom field value

Renni Verho January 21, 2020

Hi, 

I'm looking way to get trigger for script if certain type of link is added to Jira issue. 

Functionality which I try to create is flag issue and issues below marked with blocked by link. 

Meaning eg. in case of epic gets linked with blocked by to issue which is unresolved the epic and tasks under epic would be marked with flag in custom field. 

We have Scriptrunner for Jira in to use and would assume there is some way to do functionality.

1 answer

0 votes
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2020

Hello @Renni Verho 

You can achieve this using Automation for Jira

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215460/automation-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Trigger -> issue linked 

Edit issue: Re-fetch issue data

And -> Related issues condition -> epic -> exist

Branch rule -> for the linked issue -> type blocks

Add new component IF under branch rule -> Issue type equals - >epic

Then -> edit issue -> edit the desired field

Note: 

Tested and working

If used for multiple projects add as a global rule and then restrict to desired projects or leave for all projects.

automation jira.PNG

Renni Verho January 22, 2020

Thanks. 

I were sure that must be possible and this is proof for that. 

Unfortunately we do not have - at least now - Automation for Jira plugin, so cannot test that. 

Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2020

Hello @Renni Verho

My advice is to try the trial version, you can renew your test license tree times so you basically have three months to test it.

See what else could you do with it.

BR, Olga

Like Renni Verho likes this
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2020

I edited my answer a bit, tested it my self, added few more notes

Suggest an answer