link confluence page to jira issue

grant luna August 2, 2013

Can I link a link confluence page to jira issue? I am already linking Confluence pages to Jira...but I don't have an easy way to know if a confluence page relates to a jira issue(s).

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2013

hi.

read this article.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Integrating+JIRA+and+Confluence

once this set up is done and running fine you are able to link confluence pages into any jira issue you like.

3 votes
Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2013

Some of this depends on your JIRA version .

When you are in the JIRA issue itself, you can use More > Link > select Confluence page >input the tiny link in the URL or search for a page. Recommend using the tiny link because if your confluence page moves, then the link won't break vs using the URL of the confluence page.

If you have issues in that it cannot locate the Confluence page, then you have to use the web link option instead of the Confluence page. We have a current bug that we are working on with Atlassian regarding this issue.

The other way that is supposed to work, but is dependent upon the version and it may or may not work for you is in the Confluence page itself. This page: https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/overview/jira-users has a couple of items you may be interested in; but the one most relevant would be Automatically link isues to pages.

Again, there is a bug logged on this functionality as we cannot get it to consistently work.

Hope this helps.

Stefan February 6, 2017

I do not get an option "Confluence Page" under the link menue. There is only:

External link

Mail link

Anchor link.

Am I looking at the wrong menue? Is there a switch for the admin to do? The JIRA Macro within Confluence works though. We have both installed on a server.

Like Ernesto likes this
Claudio Kirchhoff May 11, 2017

@Stefan: I believe you were clicking on 'link' on the edit issue screen. Instead click 'more' and then 'link' when viewing the page.

Like Guillermo Marqueta likes this
Lois Leonhardi July 2, 2020

@Stefan i believe you were looking to link something in the "comments" section of the ticket (like I was trying to do).

Links to confluence pages are added in the "issue links" section which appears under "attachments" section.

If you don't see a "issue links" section, then you need to add it by going to the menu bar at the top of the ticket (under the ticket description) and type More Actions --> Link.

This creates the "issue link" section in the ticket.

Once you are in the "issue link" section, click on + to add a link.

Stefan Schmidt October 6, 2020

@Karie Kelly1 Thank you for the hint to use the web link item.

I tried to link from another page to an issue.
It is not possible to use the confluence page item a second time.

Best regards
Stefan

1 vote
Yuval Gershfeld August 5, 2021

Hey @grant luna 

A great way to view your Confluence page in your Jira project is to use an addon like C4J that extends the basic functionality and presents Confluence content directly in a Jira issue and seamlessly integrate Confluence into Jira. See: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222263/c4j-content-display-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

0 votes
Dang Thi Thuy Tien
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2020

Suggest an answer