licenses counting issue

Noel Huang February 18, 2013

now we have a jira licenses counting issue, on jira system counting user limit,it's depend on who join on jira-users group,

in my case, i only have 41 jira-users in my system, but when i check License Information it have 44 active,

and i also want to remove jira-users from Test SYS this user,i can't remove.

could you help us to find out what's the problem is?

3 answers

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2013
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2013

You need to check outside the jira-users group.

Go into global permissions.

Look at the lines

1. Jira system administrators
  2. Jira administrators
  3. Jira users

These can all have many groups. Make a list of all those groups, then list all of the users in them. Remove any duplicates (e.g your admins are likely to be users too. Not always, but likely). You'll find it comes to 44

-----

I'm not sure what you mean by "remove jira-users from Test SYS this user, I can't remove"

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2013

Maybe you have other people outside the jira-users group who have the "JIRA users" global permission:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/How+do+I+reduce+my+user+count+in+JIRA

Suggest an answer