license

NtokozoJiyana December 11, 2019

Hi,

Can you please assist I have this error below:
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: More than once license contains access to 'jira-software'. The licenses are: License for [jira-software]: AAABlw0ODAoPeNp9kc1u2zAQhO98CgK9pAcJt.... and License for [jira-software]: AAABjg0ODAoPeNp9kltPwkAQhd/7KzbxRR/a0.....
        at com.atlassian.jira.license.LegacyMultiLicenseStore$Licenses.<init>(LegacyMultiLicenseStore.java:228)
        at com.atlassian.jira.license.LegacyMultiLicenseStore.retrieve(LegacyMultiLicenseStore.java:63)
        ... 34 more
2019-12-11 10:07:44,668 active-objects-init-JiraTenantImpl{id='system'}-0 DEBUG anonymous     [c.a.activeobjects.osgi.TenantAwareActiveObjects] bundle [com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-development-integration-plugin] created ActiveObjects
2019-12-11 10:07:44,670 active-objects-init-JiraTenantImpl{id='system'}-0 DEBUG anonymous     [c.a.activeobjects.osgi.TenantAwareActiveObjects] bundle [com.atlassian.whisper.atlassian-whisper-plugin] creating ActiveObjects
2019-12-11 10:07:44,709 JIRA-Bootstrap ERROR      [c.a.jira.health.HealthChecks] We couldn't start JIRA
2019-12-11 10:07:44,710 JIRA-Bootstrap ERROR      [c.a.jira.health.HealthChecks] An error occurred while trying to start JIRA. We can't give you any more detail right now, we suggest checking the logs for more detail and contacting our support team.
    See our documentation for more information on contacting our support team and creating a support zip.
2019-12-11 10:07:44,880 active-objects-init-JiraTenantImpl{id='system'}-0 DEBUG anonymous     [c.a.activeobjects.osgi.TenantAwareActiveObjects] bundle [com.atlassian.whisper.atlassian-whisper-plugin] created ActiveObjects
2019-12-11 10:07:44,880 active-objects-init-JiraTenantImpl{id='system'}-0 DEBUG anonymous     [c.a.activeobjects.osgi.TenantAwareActiveObjects] bundle [com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-optimizer-plugin] creating ActiveObjects
2019-12-11 10:07:44,947 active-objects-init-JiraTenantImpl{id='system'}-0 DEBUG anonymous     [c.a.activeobjects.osgi.TenantAwareActiveObjects] bundle [com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-optimizer-plugin] created ActiveObjects
2019-12-11 10:07:44,947 active-objects-init-JiraTenantImpl{id='system'}-0 DEBUG anonymous     [c.a.activeobjects.osgi.TenantAwareActiveObjects] bundle [com.atlassian.jira.plugins.webhooks.jira-webhooks-plugin] creating ActiveObjects
2019-12-11 10:07:44,970 JIRA-Bootstrap ERROR      [c.a.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher] JIRA has failed to start because of the following errors: [(Event: Level = (EventLevel: fatal) , Key = (EventType: startup-unexpected) , Desc = We couldn't start JIRA , Exception = An error occurred while trying to start JIRA. We can't give you any more detail right now, we suggest checking the logs for more detail and contacting our support team.<br/>See our documentation for more information on contacting our support team and creating a support zip.)]
"catalina.out" [readonly] 151734L, 16232705C     

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
NtokozoJiyana December 13, 2019

I was sidetracked and I just ran the queries now. It worked like a charm thanks a lot.

Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 13, 2019

You are welcome :)

Did my initial answer solve your problem?

If so, consider to mark the proposed solution as an 'Accepted answer'. This will help other people with the same or a quite similar problem to find a solution in a easy and faster way.

In addition, by doing this the post will automatically gain the "Solved:" prefix in search results to indicate other people that no further support is needed.

Kind Regards.

0 votes
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 11, 2019

In addition to @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- answer, I will suggest you to manually delete licenses from the database and then use the right one using the following database queries:

Manage Jira server license using database queries

Regards

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2019

It looks like you have added two different licences to Jira, both of which are for Jira software.

I can think of three ways to do this, but I'd be very surprised if two of them were actually possible.

I think you may have to check and possibly amend your database to remove one of them manually.

Suggest an answer