license key generation for jira

Andrey_Pirovskikh August 19, 2013

Hi!

I want to try Jira 3.13 to check import-export with Nira 6.x. How can I get the trial license?

Best Regards,

Andrey Pirovskikh

4 answers

0 votes
Andrey_Pirovskikh August 19, 2013

Nic, that is the problem. We have to try upgrade from 3.x. So the license wanted)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2013

Ok. Have you got a v4 licence for Jira at all?

If you have, can you try logging into your my.atlassian account and see if you have the option to downgrade next to the licence key?

If you don't, then I'm afraid you are going to be pretty stuck - even if you had a licence in the past, you can't upgrade to any version released after the end of it.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2013

The problem here is that the recommended upgrade path from 3.x to 4.x is to export the xml and import it into version 4, and to do that, Andrey needs a licence.

If you have a valid licence, you used to be able to swap between the v3 and v4 formats, but I've not had to do that for ages, so I do not know if Atlassian have stopped allowing it. If they have stopped, then you could raise a support call with them - I'm sure they'll be happy to generate a licence for you.

0 votes
Fahd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2013

Hi Andrey,

It is not possible to generate JIRA 3.13 license anymore. It has reached end of life. Only JIRA 4.x license can be generated and the last version that is supported would be JIRA 4.4.

Regards,
Fahd

0 votes
richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2013

Hi Andrey,

The version you have intended has already reached the EOL and no longer supported nor providing the license for it.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/Support/Atlassian+Support+End+of+Life+Policy

So for now, you can explore the later versions on that.

Hope this helps, cheers :)

Suggest an answer