license for testing environment

Karolina February 10, 2014

Hello,
I have a question about licensing. We have a license for Jira and confluence for 500 users. I need to test upgrade of software on test environment. Can I use the same license for testing, or do I need to purchase evaluation one?

Regards
Karolina

2 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2014

No, you should not use the same licence, that's for production

You don't need a second licence for testing though - go to your atlassian licences on my.atlassian and look for the licence keys to the right. Under there, there is a link to "developer licence" - use that for testing!

Supriya September 16, 2019

Hi Nic - Thank you for the response. I am also experiencing the same issue as the OP.

we have basic JIRA license for 10 people and I would like to have test environment before I introduce plugins and stuff like that to PRD environment.

I don't see developers license next to my licenses.  We are planning to upgrade to 25 licenses soon. do you know If I will have access to developer license at that time?

Thank you

Capture.JPG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2019

Developer licences are not available for 10 users.

Supriya September 17, 2019

Nic - we are upgrading to 25 user license soon. Do you know if I get developers license at that time with 25 users?

Thanks,
Supriya

Like Pablo Barbero likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 17, 2019

You should do, from memory, it's only starter and non-commercial licencees who don't get them, but I can't actually find a doc that gives me that 25 any more!

Supriya September 17, 2019

Thank you Nic,.

Pamela Hankins February 7, 2020

Question: What is the max license for usrs under the Developer licences? Can you manage them the same why as in the PROD?

Pablo Barbero June 1, 2020

Nic_Brough__Adaptavist_ 

what will happen with the pluggings will they have also developer licenses? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2020

Yes, they'll run in a development mode (no change to functions)

For the previous comment that I missed - developer licences match your production numbers.

Like Pablo Barbero likes this
Pablo Barbero June 2, 2020

Great! Thank you!

0 votes
Karolina February 10, 2014

Hey,
thanks a lot !

Suggest an answer