/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Cannot open "/lib/libipsec.so.4"

Dr CHaNaS July 5, 2015

I am trying JIRA on Ubuntu 12.04.05 on Windows 2012 R2 Hyper-V. Lately seemingly when under load some users get the above message when refreshing pages. I can reproduce the error just by keeping my finger on F5 for 2-3 seconds then this pops up. The next refresh is OK. No errors that seem to be relevant appear on syslog or atlassian-jira.log. What is this error?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dr CHaNaS July 5, 2015

Update:

The culprit was neither Jira/Tomcat,the OS or the Hypervisor. There was a pfSense firewall that was doing NAT and for some reason had gone haywire and was showing this error. After a reboot all was OK.

0 votes
Dr CHaNaS July 5, 2015

This is the whole error message. The browser displays a white page with the above text.

0 votes
Sergey Svishchev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2015

Please post full error message.

0 votes
Dr CHaNaS July 5, 2015

I dont believe it is that simple.Why would Firefox running under Windows output a linux error. Also this error is not a Windows messagebox but part of the HTML output returned from the server.

To be more specific about the environment:

Server
Windows 2012 R2 Hyper-V. Inside this an Ubuntu 12.04.05 VM. Inside this VM Jira.

Client:
Firefox/Chrome on Windows 7.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2015

That was not clear from your question. However, again, you need to find the error in your logs

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2015

Sorry, that was a bit short. If the error is happening in JIRA, it will be logged in atlassian-jira.log. But it might be in the Tomcat/JVM, in which case, have a look in catalina.out. If it's not in either of those two, then it's something in the OS, probably in the network stack, as it's referring to an ip security library. That strongly suggests something odd in the encryption or security layer somewhere (well away from JIRA)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 5, 2015

That's a browser error, not JIRA - if JIRA were failing, you'd get the error in the atlassian-jira.log

Suggest an answer