latest Jira Agile license renewal and latest Jira Software

dbonamie January 8, 2016

We just renewed our license for Jira, but I didn't renew JIRA Agile because the documentation indicated that it wasn't necessary because it is now integrated.  I am receiving a support notification saying that my JIRA Agile license is expiring after the other new licenses were applied.

I gathered from your documenation that JIRA Agile is replaced in this latest JIRA version.  Did I miss something?  Should I, or could I update JIRA Agile and how does that affect my Agile boards?

thank you,

Dale Bonamie

3 answers

0 votes
dbonamie January 8, 2016

Thanks Justin,  I took care of it.

0 votes
WeAreAllJustinNow
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2016

If you continue to get pestered by the message and you have confirmed that you have a JIRA Software license, you can actually apply the same license key that you updated your JIRA Server with to JIRA Agile.  That should get it to shut up wink

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2016

Your licence renewal should have come as JIRA Software and if this is the case you are fully covered and can ignore the details about JIRA Agile as they will all carry on as before. Check in the new section of JIRA 7 what applications are registered for your licence. 
Alternatively have a look at my.atlassian.com to confirm that you have been renewed for JIRA Software and if not contact Atlassian Sales to have them change it. 

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2016

Suggest an answer