last user login database

Neofonie November 11, 2013

Hello,
I am currently working on a script to deactivate users which havent logged in for a period of time. This should be based on the last login time of time. According to the jira documentation a sql query for lastauthenticated should do it:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Retrieve+last+login+dates+for+users+from+the+database

But ( if i didnt get anything wrong) some users dont have lastauthenticated but login.lastLoginMillis. Whats the difference between those values?

ps: jira version 6.0.3

best

Roman

1 answer

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2014

Hi Roman,

I believe that "login.lastLoginMillis" indicates the last login in milliseconds. I think they both indicate the same value, but for older JIRA version, it was used the "login.lastLoginMillis" whilst in the new JIRA versions the used one is lastauthenticated. If the user haven't authenticated in the new JIRA versions, probably they won't have the data inside the new column. that's my assumption, so I'll leave this question open as another person can confirm my thoughts.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Marc Richter May 14, 2020

Seems like this isn't true, according to this finding.

Suggest an answer