lag when open custom fields

Maciej Wojszkun August 21, 2012

Hi,

i have problem with showing custom fields in JIRA5.1. I have to wait about 3 minutes until i can see custom fields (or fields configutation scheme). Other options in administrator access works fine.

Re-index, optimization, change server - nothig helped.

where i should look cause of the problem?

1 answer

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2012

Hi Maciej,

First look at your browser.. Try to do a test and see if you can reproduce the lag on everyone.. If so there is a possibility that something is wrong with the code that JIRA is working so slow or you have a lot of Custom Fields.. However JIRA 5.1 should work faster then the older versions..

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2012

I'm good with 180 custom fields in 4.0 and 5.1, although it's always taken a couple of seconds to render (I'm saying there's no change in speed between 4 and 5). How many have you got?

Maciej Wojszkun August 21, 2012

I tested it on few browsers (chrome, ff, safari) on 3 computers - all the same.

Too many custom fields... may be. but how many is too many? But in JIRA 4 custom fields was showing immediately. It was changed after upgrade to JIRA 5.

Maciej Wojszkun August 22, 2012

i have 290 custom fields, and rendering take close to 3 minutes.

Suggest an answer