lag when open custom fields

Hi,

i have problem with showing custom fields in JIRA5.1. I have to wait about 3 minutes until i can see custom fields (or fields configutation scheme). Other options in administrator access works fine.

Re-index, optimization, change server - nothig helped.

where i should look cause of the problem?

1 answer

0 vote
Mirek Community Champion Aug 21, 2012

Hi Maciej,

First look at your browser.. Try to do a test and see if you can reproduce the lag on everyone.. If so there is a possibility that something is wrong with the code that JIRA is working so slow or you have a lot of Custom Fields.. However JIRA 5.1 should work faster then the older versions..

I'm good with 180 custom fields in 4.0 and 5.1, although it's always taken a couple of seconds to render (I'm saying there's no change in speed between 4 and 5). How many have you got?

I tested it on few browsers (chrome, ff, safari) on 3 computers - all the same.

Too many custom fields... may be. but how many is too many? But in JIRA 4 custom fields was showing immediately. It was changed after upgrade to JIRA 5.

i have 290 custom fields, and rendering take close to 3 minutes.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

73 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you