keep receiving session expired as not used Jira for 5 hours yet I am currently in there working

Addriana Shears June 23, 2014

I am evaluating the Jira product and currently create issues etc and keep receiving session expired. You have been logged out because you have not used JIRA for 5 hours...I have I have been using it all day to set up new projects etc.

1 answer

1 vote
Danilo Conrad
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2014

Hi Addriana,

Could you please confirm whether you are also using Confluence?

The reason I am asking is because there is a known issue related to sessions expiring when running Confluence and JIRA under the same hostname, further described in the article below:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/User+is+Constantly+Logged+out+of+JIRA

If this is not the message you are getting, a possible alternative would be to mark the 'Remember my login on this computer' option during login to avoid being logged-out. You may also post the full message you are receiving here so we can look into it further.

Cheers,

Danilo

Addriana Shears June 30, 2014

yes, we are also using confluence. I have used different browsers for confluence and jira and no longer get this issue.

Senthur April 20, 2016

oh, thats the problem...

thank you!

Suggest an answer