kanban workflow not matching board

Joshua Couto May 17, 2016

My Kanban board is associated to a new workflow that I created. When I view the board screen the columns are not correctly representing the steps of the workflow.

what did I do wrong?

Thanks!

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2016

Workflows are associated with projects, not boards (with one exception).  If you've changed the workflow status list, you need to reconfigure the board to pick it up, because it doesn't really know what you want from the changes.

If you have a "simplified" workflow, then yes, your workflow is more closely associated with your board, usually with a 1:1 status to column mapping, but depending on your changes, that might not update the columns and you'll need to do the mapping yourself.

0 votes
Christopher Hurney May 18, 2016

Maybe I'm missing something, but this sounds like a simple column mapping issue.

Board --> Configure --> Columns --> Unmapped Statuses

0 votes
Abhishek Kumar May 18, 2016

When you created the new workflow, did you publish it ?

You will need to publish your workflow after creating / updating it. Then only columns under the board configuration will show the status correctly.

0 votes
Joshua Couto May 18, 2016

Ok very good I see now what I need to do. thank you.

Suggest an answer