kanban board clear done tasks after 72 hours

Ray DR April 15, 2016

I would like to know the correct method for removing cards marked as "Done" after 72 consecutive hours of being Done. In other words once an item is marked Done I want the counter to begin and if it is still Done after 72 hours I don't want to see it on the board anymore.

Is that possible with a filter? 

2 answers

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2016

Well, if it's not on the board, you won't see it in the reports... If that's not important you could add this to the board (sub) filter:

... AND status changed TO "<Whatever is mapped to your Done column>" AFTER startOfDay(-72h)
Cheers
0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2016

I can think of a couple of ways to achieve this:

• Create something that will update issues to label it as "Done and Aging" (e.g. transition them to a different status and/or update a custom field). In your boards filter, exclude issues with this status or fields.
  • Update your board so that it will now show Issues without updates witin 72hours (Project = ABC and updated = startOfDay(-3). Caveat is all the issues will be affected, not just the done column.

Ray DR April 15, 2016

Thanks for the quick response!
I don't see the startOfDay option. 

Ray DR April 15, 2016

nevermind - I see it. 

What if I did this:
project = ABC AND (status != Done AND updated = startOfDay(-3)) ORDER BY Rank ASC 

Michel_Russell May 28, 2020

where do you do this at?

Suggest an answer