jquery autocomplete

Wim Kerstens January 23, 2017

Dear all,

I'm using JIRA software (and core) version 7.2.7

I start to type project = TEST AND issuetype = f and I was expecting that the "New Feature" option will remain on the autocomplete suggestion but it didn't. Is this due to the jquery 1.7 used in JIRA ? And if so? Is there a way to update/upgrade the jquery version ?

I'm not a coder myself, but I guess this reference is as close as it gets.

http://jqueryui.com/autocomplete/

Any thoughts on this ?

regards,

Wim

3 answers

1 vote
Peter Geshev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2017

Hi Wim,

The jql autocomplete has nothing in common with the jquery ui autocomplete and there is no way to change its behaviour. Also there is no way to update the jquery version.

Regards,
Peter 

0 votes
Wim Kerstens January 26, 2017

@Peter Geshev [Botron],

I would like to come back at this again if I may ...

If I go into Issues -> Search for issues the autocomplete behavior is not what I was expecting.

search autocomplete only first char.png

but if I want to add a field in the screen config, I do see the autocomplete behavior functioning as I was expecting.

search autocomplete all char.png

I'm trying to understand what the difference is and ideally have the same autocomplete behavior in the "Search for issues".

Regards,

Wim Kerstens

+32 497 595 772

Peter Geshev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2017

The JQL autocomplete is much more complex and does not use the jquery ui autocomplete at all - there is a separate parser which evaluates the jql (and the suggestions) as you type. The other one you have listed works similarly to the jquery ui

Wim Kerstens February 5, 2017

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the answer (and I'm sorry for the late reply)

I will take this up with my client and in the meantime Atlassian created a feature request for this.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-63977

please vote for it smile

regards,

Wim

0 votes
Wim Kerstens January 23, 2017

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the clarification.

We were pretty sure we saw this behaviour in our previous 7.2.4 version.

The link does provide what we are looking for. I'm guessing it's waiting for a 'new' implementation in Jira...

regards,

Wim

Suggest an answer