jql query for user in all project

Chag
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2014

how can i search a user's ticket in all current projects>?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2014

That's a bit too vague to give you a good answer. What does "user's ticket" mean? What's a "current project"?

Start from the obvious though: resolution = unresolved and assignee = <user>

Chag
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2014

well by that I mean all the project in the jira all the projects! if a users have tickets in all the projects and they are around 50 projects how i can search ?

do i have to list all the projects under project = "" AND reporter = "user's name" or is there a query i can do like wildcard?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2014

Ok, so to answer "user's ticket", you mean "they are the reporter", and by "current project", you mean "all projects"

You don't need wildcards. A search searches for a match when it reads a clause. If a clause is "Project = X" it searches project X. That's it. If your clause is "reporter = Fred", then it will pull out every issue where the reporter is Fred. Nothing complex, literally every issue that matches that clause.

You add clauses to *narrow* a search, or widen in to other searches. E.g. "project = X AND reporter = Fred" means exactly what it says - issues reported by Fred in X. "project = X OR reporter = Fred" means what it says too, all issues in project X, and any issue Fred reported in any project.

Suggest an answer