jql query for choosing particar steps on a manual test

Bruno Bernadet July 8, 2021

First, excuse me if i make some mistakes ...my english is poor. i read the JQL help but i Don't find my way...

i make some test plan. when i make a test execution, i would like to choice just some step in a test. for example, if i have 6 steps on a test, can i make a way  with a jql query  for just choose 3 steps of this test ?

If you take the pictures add ed for examples, for the xray folder, you have the test name val -2196. in this test, you have in the second picture, the test with 8 steps.

how can i choose by JQL query for example, only the 2nd step in val -2196 in the folder "Menu connecté"?

Thanks

xray 2 png.pngxray folder.png

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2021

Hi @Bruno Bernadet 

In Jira, it is not possible to use JQL to select part of the information of a given custom field.

In Xray, the Test Steps are a single custom field, so it is not possible to only show part of the information.

It is possible to search by the content of the "Manual Test Steps" using the operator "~", but it will always display all the steps.

jqlteststeps.png

If you need additional help please contact Xray Support (http://xraysupport.xpand-it.com ) to request additional information and help further.

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Suggest an answer