jql and multiple fixversion

Wayne Mabey July 17, 2015

Hi Guys, 

I have, what I'd like to think is a unique problem, I've found some references here to similar issues but they differ enough that I can't seem to extend the strategy they use to resolve my problem. 

In our JIRA project we have multiple naming conventions for fix version (no idea why) some versions adhere to this strategy eg. 3.3.34.0 and others conform to 10.3.4.5_aaa_3_4_4_9 where aaa could be any sequence of letters etc... Also, there are occasions where 1 issue could have been resolved in various of the different conventions. So management would like to get a set of issues that falls in a range conforming to the first convention. Is there a way for JIRA to pick issues that have only 1 fix version, excluding the issues that have more than 1 that do not fall in the range of specified versions? there are so many different versions it's not very practical to use "IN" and "NOT IN" 

I installed ScriptRunner and came pretty close to what I wanted but I still get some issues that should not be included

eg:

Project = TEST and fixversion in (versionMatch("^3.*")) and fixVersion >= "3.3.23.0" and fixversion < "3.4.0.0"

I got an issue that included the following in it's fix version:3.3.13.1, 10.3.9_DAS_3.4.0.10, 3.4.10.2

It makes sense that it would pick it up, but how could I go about excluding it since 3.4.10.2 is there? I cant think of any function that counts how many fixversions an issue has or excludes issues that have a fixversion outside the range.

Thanks and Regards, 

CAM

1 answer

0 votes
Chris Kast July 17, 2015

I do something similar but using the Python JIRA module (which is just a wrapper to the REST API). Of course if you need this to be in the JIRA UI then this solution really won't help you. What I do is basically:

from jira.client import JIRA
jira = JIRA(server, user, pass)
results = jira.search_issues(&lt;my_jql&gt;)
for issue in results:

valid_version_list = []
	fix_version_list = issue.fields.fixVersion
	&lt;do_your_magic_calculation_to_determine_what_versions_are_valid&gt;
	valid_version_list.append(&lt;valid_version_based_on_above&gt;)
	for version in valid_version_list
		&lt;do_some_stuff&gt;

Suggest an answer