jirabot not working in shared slack channels?

Thomas Gössing February 10, 2018

We have a shared channel between two paied slack teams.

I just invited the @Jirabot into that channel. that step yet worked fine.

but when I tell the pot to connect to my jira cloud project (which worked just fine in direct messages and "regular" channels of slack) it keeps telling me:

"_Looking for Jira..._ :sanduhr:

Something went wrong! Please, try again later."

is it possible, that jirabot is just not working in shared channels?

3 answers

1 accepted

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 3, 2020

Hi all,

Just updating this thread since it's still seeing a bit of search traffic. Jira Cloud for Slack has supported shared channels in Slack for a while, so you should be able to use the integration in your shared channels wherever you like!

If you happen to encounter any issues using the Jira Cloud app in any channels, asking a new question here on Community is a good place to start! It's more likely that someone will see a new question and help you resolve it than commenting on an older thread that's already been answered (and might be a different issue than what you've found). See you in the Community!

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

0 votes
Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2019

Hi @Jorge Mir . Yes, it's complete. Would you mind to describe what exactly doesn't work?

Jorge Mir March 7, 2019

Hi @Vitalii Saienko . I have added Jirabot to a channel and added the subscription to the channel, but when I mention an issue or paste an issue link it doesn't show the issue details.

Please see the attached screenshot

Slack_2019-03-07 11-37-06@2x.pngSlack_2019-03-07 11-36-48@2x.png

Please let me know how to proceed. Thank you!

Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
March 8, 2019

Thanks @Jorge Mir . Would you mind to try this `/jira BIG-393`? Does it work this way? It might help to localize the problem.

Jorge Mir March 8, 2019

That does work. But posting links or just mentioning issue keys does not.

Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
March 18, 2019

Sorry, @Jorge Mir for the late response.

We had a similar issue recently. Could you please remove the bot from the channel `/remove @jira` and then invite it again using `/invite @jira`. It helped in a similar case (might be a Slack glitch). If it doesn't help, please raise a ticket here and fill the form like this:

Screenshot_1.pngAdd some details to the ticket and mention me. This will help us to investigate the root cause. Thanks!

0 votes
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2018

Hi Thomas,

If you're using the official JIRA Bot from Atlassian I'm pretty sure it should be working in Slack Group Channels. As you can see on the linked site, the example animations show group conversations.

Have you followed the steps as shown in the animation under "Get started in seconds"?

Best,

Maarten

Thomas Gössing February 10, 2018

Hi Maarten,

yes, I am using the official bot.

But I am not talking about "slack group channels"/"group conversations".

I am talking about "shared channels": https://get.slack.help/hc/en-us/articles/115004151203-Create-shared-channels-on-a-workspace-beta-

and yes, I have followed the steps shown in "get started" animation.

cheers,
thomas

Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2018

Hi Thomas,

Sorry, I'm not very familiar with Slack, so I had never heard of Shared Channels :-)

Apparently Shared Channels are stil in beta and there's a list of known issues. The list contains a known issue with outgoing webhooks which I would expect is what the JIRA bot uses to get notified when an issue is being mentioned. 

If you really want to be sure that's the reason I'd suggest to get in touch with Atlassian Support.

Best,

Maarten

Thomas Gössing February 12, 2018

I opened a ticket. lets see what they say.

Aaron Buchanan May 16, 2018

@Thomas Gössingdid you ever hear back on this?

Thomas Gössing May 18, 2018

no, unfortunately not. Its been taken into the pipeline, but I think it didn't advance any there yet... :-/

Aaron Buchanan June 6, 2018

Have a link in their issue tracker? I'd like to follow / vote 

Christian Marth August 28, 2018

Just when Jira announced a partnership with Slack thought it's worth going back to slack from HipChat/Stride and first thing I run into is this issue... Not being able to collaborate with another slack organisation with shared channels and add the Jira bot integration...

I have a strong feeling based on past experiences that Atlassian will make no effort to resolve this and the users will be left waiting for a decade for the issue to finally be resolved as "not doing"

This has been open now since February, has there been any effort at all made to resolve this?

Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
December 6, 2018

Sorry for the late update. We support shared channels for 2 or 3 months. Give it a try ;)

Jorge Mir March 6, 2019

Hi @Vitalii Saienko . This isn't working for me. Was this completed?

toabi June 21, 2019

As far as I can see, the Jira-Server <-> Slack connection is *not* working properly in shared channels.

Suggest an answer