jira workflow diagrams lost after upgrade to 6 How do the users view the old workflows?

Chris Tomey August 11, 2015

We have updated JIRA to 6.3 from 4.5 and I have moved the old diagrams over with the new build, however they do not see the old diagrams anymore.  What do I need to do to get these diagrams vissible when viewing the workflow?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2015

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "JIRA workflow diagrams"?  What diagrams, and where were you storing them in 4.(not 5 because that doesn't exist).  Also, have you checked the "view workflow" option in the issue view? (You may need to add "view workflow" permission to the permission scheme)

location of the PNG files are here "Application Data\JIRA\caches\workflowimages".  Users look at the images to see the what the expected workflow behavior will be when they advance an issue.  Currently I cant tell how to point to a specific diagram.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2015

Ah, those, well, they're intended to be used by the workflow viewer in the issue view, not read directly. Is "view workflow" in the issue view not working for you?

Its working but they want to see the same image they saw in 4.5

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 11, 2015

I assume you mean 4.4, where Atlassian first added their workflow designer? That's been changed and improved in later releases, and the diagrams you now get are suitable for the current version - the code generating the 4.4 versions of the diagrams is either gone or changed to draw what you see now.

Chris Tomey August 12, 2015

Many Thanks for the info.

Suggest an answer