jira workflow analysis

Royce Wong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2016

JIRA 6.2.2

Hi all,

I would like to discover under utilized workflow transitions so that I can tweak (simplified/find out potential problems in) my workflows.

Is there a way/tool that shows workflow transitions usage?

One problem I noticed is that users tend to use the general Edit button rather than using the workflow transitions; some tickets ended up staying in one status with many comments. We have 3K-4K users with fairly high turn over rate, so training the users to use the right transitions proves to be challenging. I am aware I can lock down that general Edit button via permission scheme, but for longer workflows (with 15-20 steps), sometimes that general Edit button come in handy.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I think @Bob Swift [Bob Swift Atlassian Add-ons] had a plug-in using graphviz that display transitions usage for JIRA < 3.13 days.

2 answers

0 votes
Royce Wong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2016

Someone tell me they have the same problem and want a solution... thanks. smile

0 votes
Royce Wong
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2016

No takers? Not possible?

Suggest an answer