jira webhook triggered by change of workflow

jeeyun lee March 20, 2017

I want to integrate slack with JIRA. 

what i want is, when workflow changes(ex: to do --> in progress). 

however, I cannot choose workflow change in webhook menu. 

please help me!

2 answers

4 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2017

Another way would be to add triggering the webhook as a post function in your workflow as described here: https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-apis/webhooks#Webhooks-Addingawebhookasapostfunctiontoaworkflow

steven July 13, 2020

this is an incredibly buried piece of information that should be pointed out better in the jira webhooks documentation. it appears that jira does not consider a transition to be a "ticket update" which judging form several forum posts here has confused a fair amount of people

Like # people like this
0 votes
Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2017

Issue updated should suffice. JQL: project = XXX and status in (In progress, Done) ...

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2017

issue updated works, but this will report not just workflow changes. I think, any update will be reported to slack. 

Like Ivan Mizzi likes this
Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2017

This is true but hopefully they read through https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-apis/webhooks smile

jeeyun lee March 20, 2017

my JQL is like below, and green square turns out which means JQL is okay.

but it does not work...

<JQL>

project = "basic sw" AND status changed FROM "To Do | In Review | In Progress | Done" TO "To Do | In Review | In Progress | Done"

Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 20, 2017

Check the advanced JQL manual for examples. Pipe is not a valid symbol. Try using "or" instead.

Suggest an answer