jira very slow to respond and often goes now where.

Mark Barber October 25, 2017

Hi, i am new to Jira, but it seems to be very slow to respond. i have a high speed internet connection and it is working fine. Some times it simply sits there with a spinning wheel waiting. i am using Firefox browser, are there some setting i needs to update? i am using Win 7 pro.

looks like a nice product but not much use if it takes ages to update login and respond.

Regards

Mark

1 answer

0 votes
Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2017

Hi,

There could be all sorts of reasons for your jira to be running slow. 
But you mentioned that you are new to JIRA, so I assume you have a relatively fresh instance and there isn't much data or users on it either.

• You can start by monitoring the memory and CPU usage of your machine while you accessing JIRA.
  • Are enough resources being allocated to JIRA? Or are you running out of memory or cpu while running the instance?
  • How much JVM space have you allocated to your instance? For evaluation purposes 2048Mb is enough. But if that's not sufficient for you then you could increase JVM.
  • Are you using an anti-virus? Try turning it off and see if that makes a difference.
  • Moreover, running JIRA on windows is always a bit less efficient in performance terms as compared to Linux environments.
    But I do use JIRA on windows as well, and I haven't had any issues so far.

Suggest an answer