jira ticket manipulation using email

Heshan Manamperi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2012

Guys,

I need to manipulate JIRA tickets using emails. As an example,

Create issue, Comment issue, Edit issue, Assign, Do some workflow transitions, Email attachments directly to attach to issue.. Etc..

I have found that there is a inbuilt JIRA mail handler for create issue and comment issue.

Guys, Could you please give some ideas for accomplish my target.

Regards

HesH

2 answers

0 votes
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2012

Hi hesh,

Your requirement can be acomplish by installing the following third party plugin:

However, the plugin is not free and you can consider to deployed in near future.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

John Chin

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2012

The inbuild handlers will get mail into JIRA nicely, including attachments, kind of. Anything more (eg html email signature image blacklisting) and you'll need something else, such as JEMH. This plugin has support for manipulation of Issue fields (see Supported Fields) via email through Directives provided in a variety of ways (subject, body content, X- headers). For examples of some, see this.

JEMH has some support for workflow auto-advancing on create, reopen on closed etc (see this), really you'd need to be more specific about the details to be able to comment further. Apart from JEMH there are other plugins that can also slot in to add specific features, eg Jamie Echlins Script Runner.

Suggest an answer