jira-suite-utilities error while copy value from reporter

Stavros Michael
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2016

I have a post-function in which I am copying value from reporter to assignee (a user object) After running the workflow the new assignee is shown as the UserName and is not identified as a user of the system.

If I setup the post-function to copy value from a customfield of type single user picker then the copy action is done correctly.

JIRA version 6.4.7 (Data Center)

JIRA Suite Utilities version 1.4.11

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stavros Michael
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2016

I solve my issue by using post-function Assign to Reporter

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2016

So you had to change the post-function?

Stavros Michael
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 22, 2016

Yes I resolve my issue by changing the post-function. But still I believe there is a bug in post-function Copy Value From Other Field

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2016

Please make sure the assignee as "Assign" rights in JIRA project otherwise it seems like a bug.

Stavros Michael
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 22, 2016

Thanks Tarun,

jira-users is set as Assign issue permission. So this is not the case.

Stavros Michael
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 22, 2016

Also problem started once we upgrade to v1.4.11

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2016

exactly which post-function from the plugin are you using?

Stavros Michael
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 22, 2016

"Copy Value From Other Field"

The field Assignee will take the value from Reporter. Source and destination issue are the same.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2016

Strange, make sure you are "publishing" the workflow, it's a common simple mistake, which is prevalent smile

Stavros Michael
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 22, 2016

Workflow is active!

Suggest an answer