jira service/facility desk sends an email with from field as anonymous

Pareshkumar Gandhi April 6, 2014

jira service/facility desk sends an email with from field as anonymous. I want to see repoter name insted of anonymous.

I don't know from where it is picking up anonymous keyword even the ticket has valid reporter.

1 answer

0 votes
Robert Dibley April 6, 2014

if you are referring to notification emails, there is a per-project setting to select the "from" address, within the "notification scheme" settings - perhaps not having that set is causing your problem, as it does say that leaving it blank will "reset sender to mail server default"

I have notification schema setup for that project and it is sending as anonymous for some of the users only.

is there a common feature to those users, e.g. that they have a particular permission level, belong to a particular group or role etc ? I'm just wondering if it could simply be a feature of the user rather than the email notification itself, as I would expect it to be consistent across all users otherwise

those are valid users and from email contains Anonymous (JIRA) [mailto:jira@xxx.com]

however in body section, reportes name is mentioned. e.g. created by:

one possibility - is it happening when someone bulk edits issues, rather than interacting on a single issue at a time ?

in normal interactions the email goes out with the full username as the "name" but always the same underlying email address, so perhaps when doing bulk changes the name is "anonymous" ?

Is the auto workflow transition will cause this.

I have groovy script in workflow where is changes the status on issue create event?

Robert Dibley April 7, 2014

That does sound like a possibility - we don't currently use any scripts for changing status, so I don't have a way to test that. However the script would perhaps not run in the same way as it would if a human were doing the same actions.

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2014

I have opened a ticket with atlassian and they concluded that it is bug with script runner and again i posted on ticket there.

waiting for there response.

https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/browse/GRV-435

Suggest an answer