jira service desk email requests not handling all emails

GarethSmith April 7, 2016

Hi

I am currently trialling JIRA Service Desk and setup an IT Service Desk project with a configured Email Requests address. Everything seems to be working correctly and emails are being imported, however, I have noticed an email in the configured users inbox that has been ignored by the email request handler.

The email has been marked as read but no issue has been created and when I check the email requests processing log there is no mention of the email at all?

The user in question is listed in the customers section of the project, the same as other users so in theory should have imported without a problem.

As I say I'm new to both JIRA and Service Desk, so if anyone can point me in the right direction to debug the issue I would be grateful.

Thanks

Gareth

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user April 12, 2017

I too am having this issue -out of 500 tickets emailed to our helpdesk, 2 have not been picked up by JIRA.  We suspect it may be because they were opened manually before the handler picked them up but this is difficult to test. 

Have you had any further progress?

0 votes
GarethSmith April 7, 2016

Update: I marked the effected email as unread and it has now processed correctly as an issue.

I didn't make any changes to the setup that would trigger it to now work, so am a little worried that I haven't solved the issue and will need to carry on checking the inbox.

Suggest an answer