jira - reindex failed with Reindex ALL FAILED error

Ezaru Petronela May 27, 2014

Hi,

This is what I have done

1. Upgrade Jira Agile to version 6.3.13.1. After that Jira has blocked so I've restarted and everything was ok.

(We have Jira version 6.2)

2. I noticed that I have 250 mails in the mail queue so I've done what I found here:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/211906/mails-not-leaving-mail-queue

# Shut down JIRA

# Delete the content of {{$JIRA_INSTALL/work}} directory

# Delete the content of {{$JIRA_HOME/caches/indexes}} directory

# Delete the content of {{$JIRA_HOME/plugins/.bundled-plugins}} directory

# Delete the content of {{JIRA_HOME/plugins/.osgi-plugins}} directory

# Start-up JIRA

# Perform indexing (System > Advanced > Indexing)

3. The indexing finished with :

Indexing completed with 29 errors

Task completed in 1 hour, 14 seconds with unexpected error.

Started 26/May/14 12:26 PM.

Finished 26/May/14 1:26 PM.

com.atlassian.jira.index.IndexingFailureException: Indexing completed with 29 errors
        at com.atlassian.jira.index.AccumulatingResultBuilder$CompositeResult.await(AccumulatingResultBuilder.java:163)
        at com.atlassian.jira.index.IssueIndexHelper.fixupIndexCorruptions(IssueIndexHelper.java:125)
        at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.DefaultIndexManager.doBackgroundReindex(DefaultIndexManager.java:883)
        at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.DefaultIndexManager.reIndexAll(DefaultIndexManager.java:308)
        at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.DefaultIndexManager.reIndexAllIssuesInBackground(DefaultIndexManager.java:360)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at com.atlassian.util.profiling.object.ObjectProfiler.profiledInvoke(ObjectProfiler.java:83)
        at com.atlassian.jira.config.component.SwitchingInvocationHandler.invoke(SwitchingInvocationHandler.java:28)
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy11.reIndexAllIssuesInBackground(Unknown Source)
        at com.atlassian.jira.util.index.CompositeIndexLifecycleManager.reIndexAllIssuesInBackground(CompositeIndexLifecycleManager.java:89)
        at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.admin.index.ReIndexBackgroundIndexerCommand.doReindex(ReIndexBackgroundIndexerCommand.java:39)
        at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.admin.index.AbstractAsyncIndexerCommand.call(AbstractAsyncIndexerCommand.java:59)
        at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.admin.index.ReIndexBackgroundIndexerCommand.call(ReIndexBackgroundIndexerCommand.java:15)
        at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.admin.index.AbstractAsyncIndexerCommand.call(AbstractAsyncIndexerCommand.java:24)
        at com.atlassian.jira.task.TaskManagerImpl$TaskCallableDecorator.call(TaskManagerImpl.java:374)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
        at com.atlassian.jira.task.ForkedThreadExecutor$ForkedRunnableDecorator.run(ForkedThreadExecutor.java:250)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

4. I've searched and found :

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/JIRA+indexing+failed+after+upgrade+with+Reindex+ALL+FAILED+error

so I've run :

SELECT id,issuenum,project FROM jiraissue WHERE issuenum IS NULL;

with 0 results

and SELECT * FROM issuelink WHERE linktype NOT IN (SELECT id FROM issuelinktype);

with still 0 results

So I uninstalled the Agile plugin (thinking that this is the problem) and then re-installed it and then performing another re-index with the same result.

I don't know what to do anymore. Please help me. Thank you!

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ezaru Petronela June 1, 2014

I fixed it with Integrity Checker...thank you all for posting your questions and your answers .

Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2016

Thanks for your help, It worked for me too smile

0 votes
Jabir NP January 25, 2015

Can you please let me know how to fix it with Integrity checker.

Thanks in advance.

0 votes
Ezaru Petronela May 29, 2014

I've uninstall Agile ,re-index Jira and I've got the same 29 errors...I've installed Agile again

I've uninstall Script runner, re-index Jira and I've got the same 29 errors...I've installed Script runner again

What else can I do???

0 votes
Ezaru Petronela May 27, 2014

Maybe I should do an uninstall to the Agile, then re-index of Jira and the install it again ???

Suggest an answer