jira "time to resolution field"

Ankita Sharma February 18, 2015

How can I unlock "Time to resolution" field in JIRA service desk.

This is a custom field which is auto generated in Jira service desk.

But I need to update it as per the issues getting created

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2015

It's calculated, you can't change it because it's worked out from other data on the issue.

0 votes
Ankita Sharma February 18, 2015

Hi Nic,

I am able to edit it from JIRA Service Desk SLA section but actually i need to create issue through JIRA CLI using one command.

For that command, I have created one CSV sheet and I need to put this "time to resolution" field having different values for different issues in sheet.

When i specify this field with values in CSV sheet and import that sheet in JIRA using one command, the field "time to resolution" does not show up in JIRA.

Please let me know solution for getting this field showed up in JIRA with some value on import from CSV.

Thanks,

Ankita

Calin Virgil MAIER May 15, 2018

Hello.

I have similar problem but at me situation is:

1. I imported issues from CSV without  "Time to first response" and "Time to resolution" to Jira and all it's OK but nothing appears about SLA on this issus - I'm talking about "Time to first response" and "Time to resolution" COUNTER. If I created manual issue in same project in Jira this fields are present.

2. If reimport the same or another issues with "Time to first response" and "Time to resolution" although in import wizard at step "Map fields" I have posibility to map my "Time to first response" and "Time to resolution" to Jira Custom Fields  "Time to first response" and "Time to resolution", finally the message is: "Cannot add value to CustomField Time to first response in Issue with summary Probably value was in incorrect format". I tried different formats: seconds similar with Time spent, similar date format with "Date Created".  

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- You are right but after First response and after Resolution is SET  "Time to first response" and "Time to resolution" stay on the same values, this values need to be stored somewhere. 

Mention: all issues are status RESOLVED and resolution DONE so "Time to first response" and "Time to resolution" are static values.

tnx

Suggest an answer