jira permission to unlink issues

Bahar Çağlar November 26, 2013

Hi,

I am using issue linking (in jira 5.2.11). How can I disable delete this link button on the view screen? (image below)

Actually, the reason is that there is no settings in the permission scheme to allow/restrict users to delete issue links.

The only permission type is link issues.

Where is the permission for delete links?

Thanks.

2 answers

2 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2013

you have already posted a same question here, pls avoid to post duplicate questions

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/237357/jira-permission-to-unlink-issues

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2013

I'll quote your previous answer and close the other question as a duplicate:

rambanam prasad
· 14,809 karma · 20 hours ago

you can try with permission based on workflow steps,

http://www.j-tricks.com/1/post/2011/02/permissions-based-on-workflow-status.html

i have't teied that, you can try somthing like this

jira.permission.link.delete.group.1=some-group-one

Cheers

1 vote
Mikhail_Kopylov
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 26, 2013

Unfortunately, this permission (Link Issues) rules both adding and deleting links.

You can do such workaround.

1. Create a plugin of web-panel type and put it into View Issue page.

2. In the velocity template of this plugin write a JS function:

<script type="text/javascript">
//your function here...
</script>

3. In your script find all <a> elements like this:

&lt;a class="icon icon-delete" title="Delete this link" id="delete-link_remote-10000" href="/secure/DeleteRemoteIssueLink.jspa?id=12100&amp;amp;remoteIssueLinkId=10000&amp;amp;atl_token=TOKEN"&gt;&lt;span&gt;Delete this link&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/a&gt;

and remove them.

Suggest an answer