jira.permission.comment.user = false as property on workflow status does not work

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2014

jira.permission.comment.user = false as property on workflow status does not work

it does not disable both comment buttons

Jira - 6.2

Ref:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/How+to+deactivate+comments+for+closed+issues

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2014

Use jira.permission.comment.user = denied instead of false ;)

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2014

Did not work :(

Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2014

What is the version of JIRA? I tested on JIRA 6.2.7 and it works.

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 30, 2014

My bad - it worked without any issue.

Danilo Conrad
Atlassian Team
December 15, 2014

Setting the property either to false or denied work. On JIRA 6.3.9+, setting this property will prevent comments on transitions which go to the step/status with this property, due to the bug https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-40997.

Shahriar June 12, 2021

@Pedro Cora , this does not work for me in "transition property". it works only in step properties status. I am trying to hide the comment during a particular transition period screen. 

1 vote
Gregory Riccardi April 16, 2020

None of these seem to work in 8.3 is there a page the just lays out all the status proprieties I can use? 

Jesse Ontiveros February 17, 2021

I agree, we should have this listed out somewhere.

1 vote
Himanshu Singh June 8, 2018

jira.permission.comment.user = denied  

is not working for JIRA version 7.6.4, any idea ?

Davida August 30, 2018

I try jira.permission.comment.user ->denied  and  works fine! in Jira 7.6.7

0 votes
Sergio October 8, 2020

What's about latest cloud version?  Nothing working.

0 votes
Nikola Bornová October 16, 2018

Does this apply also to properties of transitions too? I want to hide Comment field on the transition screen, but none of the Properties below didn't work (in Jira 7.8.2)

jira.permission.comment.denied = true

jira.permission.comment.user = false

jira.permission.comment.user = denied

Also, none of the other suggested solutions  with javascript etc. didn't work, it's quite weird that such simple thing as to hide field on the transition screen is so insanely complicated...

Jacek Klimczak November 5, 2019

Hi Nikola,

try with this:

jira.permission.comment = false

it's working for me

Regards,

Jacek

Shahriar June 12, 2021

Hi @Jacek Klimczak , 

jira.permission.comment = false does not work for me in the transition property. 

Sergio June 12, 2021

@Shahriar use this: jira.permission.comment.denied=true

Shahriar June 13, 2021

@Sergio , I tried but it doesn't work. I am trying to hide the comment field during the transition screen. 

Sergio June 13, 2021

@Shahriar you need to set the property. I use automation for this and it working.

Screenshot 2021-06-14 080704.png

Suggest an answer