jira.permission.attachdeleteown.reporter=denied workflow step property not working

UoS Web Team People June 18, 2014

Hi,

can anybody help me in implementing a workflow step property i.e.(jira.permission.attachdeleteown.reporter=denied). Actualy I have added the restriction in permission schimer i.e. Delete Own Attachments = Reporter and in the workflow step I have added a property i.e.(jira.permission.attachdeleteown.reporter=denied) and now if the issues is in that workflow step and a reported try to delete any attachment it should not allow to do so but a reporter is still able to delete the attachment in that workflow step.

I will be glad if any body can help me in fixing this.

Cheers

Webteam.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2014

Webteam,

Try using jira.permission.attachdeleteown.group using an inexistent group, or to another role. This way the reporter also won't be able to edit this. I've created a bug report as this indeed doesn't seem to be working: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-38878

Let me known if this helps.

UoS Web Team People June 24, 2014

Hi Matheus,

Thanks very much for your suggestion. The workaround works for us.

Cheers

Webteam.

0 votes
Vijay Khacharia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2014

Hi,

Looks like the attachdeleteown and attachdeleteall are not working in latest version of JIRA. Can you tell me what version are you using?

Probably you should raise a ticket to support.atlassian.com

Vijay

Vijay Khacharia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2014

I tried to do thesame thing on 6.1.3 and on 6.2.7, it didnt work. I would suggest to open a support ticket.

Vijay

UoS Web Team People June 19, 2014

We are on Jira version v6.2.1

0 votes
Venkat Patchigolla June 19, 2014

Check if the workflow changes are published.

UoS Web Team People June 19, 2014

I have tried publishing the changes but it didn't work

Suggest an answer