jira memeory configuration

maryam morovati October 16, 2017

Hi,

Some memory space in Jira always is full. I tried to configure it but still it is full as it is shown below.

Could everyone help me?

memoryjira.jpg 

3 answers

3 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2017

Hi Maryam

If this is about full metaspace you don't have to worry about it. See KB article

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2017

Um, this is not a problem, your memory looks fine.  What makes you think the metaspace usage is a problem?

maryam morovati October 22, 2017

Hi.because is seems full.we are using jira service desk in an enterprise company and I was wondering if there would be a problem in the future related to the memory space.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2017

Hi, 

The JVM is at 65%, which seems pretty reasonable? 

The spaces shown below, like PS Surviror Space or MetaSpace which are at 0%, you don't need to worry about them. 

It's the expected behavior. 

Although if you are experiencing slow performance and JVM keeps running out, then you can increase it further. 
But I think its working fine.

maryam morovati October 22, 2017

Thanks for your response.you mean that there is no worry for the spaces which is shown as full?

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2017

Yes, no need to worry about it. This is because your MetaSpace argument is not configured. 

You can refer to this KB: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/the-jira-applications-memory-information-screen-displays-0-free-metaspace-873885725.html

And you don't need to worry about Eden Space either. Because on creation of objects, they are allocated some memory in Eden Space and when the Eden Space gets full, it triggers a minor garbage collection where objects are either destroyed or moved to a Survivor Space. 

Suggest an answer