jira ldap integration

Mohant November 7, 2012

We upgrade jira 3.* to 5.18 succesfully. Now we want to entegrate ldap.

At internal directory there is more than 50 groups and more than 300 users.

We planning to use internal for groups and some users(not in ldap) and we want to map ldap users(who is defined in internal) to internal users.

How we can do this ?

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2012

Are the user names same? If so, you can add LDAP directory and move it up so that it gets preference.

If the usernames are different, you don't have an easy option. You will end up modifying it in the database or doing this:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Changing+Usernames+in+JIRA

Mohant November 7, 2012

We define ldap configuration and we select it as first directory.

We planned to get users from AD and groups from Internal.

Our users who are in jira-administrator group can login.

However our users who are in jira-users or jira-developers can not login the system

And we have this log " 'XXXXX.YYYYYYY' tried to login but they do not have USE permission or weren't found. Deleting remember me cookie. " at security log file?

Mohant November 7, 2012

As i say before our users exists on ldap also in active directory.

At user list i can see my user AD groups,however, i can not see local groups such as jira-users.

How can do to see local groups at user list?

(For test, i success to see local groups and AD groups and i could login with AD user name and password . But i could not find how was works.)

Suggest an answer