jira issuekey screwed up after upgrading to 7.2.6

Zhiyong Liu December 21, 2016

My JIRA was recently upgraded to 7.2.6 from 7.1.10 by using the database native tool to recover the datebase. Before upgrade it worked as expected.

After the upgrade, I noticed that the issueKey was off by 50 between the issuenum stored in the jiraissue table and the key displayed on UI. For example, the issuenum is 495 but UI says it is xxx-445. 

2 answers

0 votes

Reindex fixed the problem. Thanks Nic anyway for looking at this. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2016

Er, you don't do upgrades by "using a database native tool to recover it"

But, assuming that means you only used that to copy the data to a new place and then ran the actual upgrade process against it... How do you know that these issue ids are wrong?

I upgraded JIRA by following https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/upgrading-jira-applications-manually-802592252.html

The steps related to the database are:

1. Backup DB using native DB tool instead of JIRA xml tool
  2. Create a new empty DB
  3. Point the new JIRA 7.2.6 to the new DB and start it up
  4. Shut it down after it fully started
  5. Recover the data from the backup into the empty DB using database native tool
  6. Start the new JIRA

Now if I create a new issue from JIRA UI, it temporarily displays "Issue DV-497-xxxx has been successfully created" then fades away. Now I refresh the project and it lists the newest issue is DV-447. The newest jiraissue table entry also has the issuenum=497. 

Suggest an answer