My JIRA was recently upgraded to 7.2.6 from 7.1.10 by using the database native tool to recover the datebase. Before upgrade it worked as expected.
After the upgrade, I noticed that the issueKey was off by 50 between the issuenum stored in the jiraissue table and the key displayed on UI. For example, the issuenum is 495 but UI says it is xxx-445.
Er, you don't do upgrades by "using a database native tool to recover it"
But, assuming that means you only used that to copy the data to a new place and then ran the actual upgrade process against it... How do you know that these issue ids are wrong?
I upgraded JIRA by following https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/upgrading-jira-applications-manually-802592252.html
The steps related to the database are:
Now if I create a new issue from JIRA UI, it temporarily displays "Issue DV-497-xxxx has been successfully created" then fades away. Now I refresh the project and it lists the newest issue is DV-447. The newest jiraissue table entry also has the issuenum=497.
Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs