jira.home is not configured

apsua September 25, 2012

Hi,

im trying to deploy jira.war. I configured jira.home on windows system-enviroment variables: name=JIRA_HOME value=C: JIRA_HOME, although i modified the jira-application.properties under C: Atlassian atlassian-jira-5.1.5-war edit-webapp WEB-INF classes. I followed all steps installing the war. The needed odbc 6 driver for oracle database and other jar-files for tomcat lib are copied.

But starting tomcat i get an error like: no jira.home is configured..

Can you plz give me a hint to resolve this problem

kindly regards

T

5 answers

0 votes
Ken Wood
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2012

You have set the value for jira.hom... but did you create the directory? I.E. does C:\JIRA_HOME exist? If not, try creating it before running the setup...

apsua September 25, 2012

Yes. The directory exists before deploying (C:\JIRA_HOME).

JAVA_HOME is already JDK 6. I installed yesterday the recommened distribution (win-InstalleR) and it worked well. Today i removed it completey (registry cleaned etc) to deploy the WAR. Maybe there is a conflicT?

0 votes
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2012

Absolutely, JDK 1.7 won't work!

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA051/Supported+Platforms

but the error message is something different but I'd downgrade to JDK 1.6.x before trying anything else

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/JIRA+does+not+run+on+JAVA+1.7+and+higher

apsua September 25, 2012

i've installed tomcat with jdk 6, configured evertyhin again and same problem.

MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2012

But I presume there are less errors in the logs? What other exceptions are there? What does Hercules say?

apsua September 25, 2012

log error (using jdk 7):

2012-09-26 16:57:15,545 localhost-startStop-1 INFO      [atlassian.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger] Running JIRA startup checks.
2012-09-26 16:57:15,619 localhost-startStop-1 FATAL      [atlassian.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger] 

***********************************************************************************************************************************************
No jira.home is configured.
See https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/docs-051/Setting+your+JIRA+Home+Directory for instructions on setting jira.home

2012-09-26 16:57:15,622 localhost-startStop-1 FATAL      [atlassian.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger] Startup check failed. JIRA will be locked.
2012-09-26 16:57:16,037 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR      [jira.web.dispatcher.JiraWebworkActionDispatcher] 

JIRA startup failed, JIRA has been locked.

log error (using jdk 6):

INFO      [atlassian.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger] Running JIRA startup checks.
2012-09-26 13:55:40,225 localhost-startStop-1 FATAL      [atlassian.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger] 

***********************************************************************************************************************************************
No jira.home is configured.
See https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/docs-051/Setting+your+JIRA+Home+Directory for instructions on setting jira.home

2012-09-26 13:55:40,234 localhost-startStop-1 FATAL      [atlassian.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger] Startup check failed. JIRA will be locked.
2012-09-26 13:55:40,833 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR      [jira.web.dispatcher.JiraWebworkActionDispatcher] 

JIRA startup failed, JIRA has been locked.
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2012

Starnge that it's talking about Jira home being locked. Just to check there is no file called

• C:\JIRA_HOME\.jira-home.lock
  • or .jira-home.lock under the install directory anywhere? C:\Atlassian

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=231932719

How are you starting the app? Does the user have the permission to see the directory?

Can you try setting it via a batch file when you run it?

Specify the command above in a batch file used to start JIRA.

• set JIRA_HOME=C:\JIRA_HOME

and you're JAVA_HOME has been change to the new JDK?

0 votes
apsua September 25, 2012

hi,

i tried this already:

C:\JIRA_HOME

0 votes
apsua September 25, 2012

ive get this one frome the Hercules diagnostic Tool:

I've checked the file 'atlassian-jira.log' and have come up with a suggestion that might help:

But does this matter? Isn't ist backward compatible?

0 votes
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2012

can you open a new command window and run the command:

echo %JIRA_HOME%

and copy the resultback here, just want to make sure it's coming our correctly

Suggest an answer