jira filters changing from saved

LynF July 30, 2015

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has encountered the scenario where as saved filter is changing without any new fields being added or old ones deleted.   For example.  I had a filter that had Key, Summary, Created Date, Status, Fix Version, Client Name (a custom field).  This had been working religiously and reliably for months.  Then on Monday it changed so that it dropped Status, and again yesterday so all the fields changed so instead of having the necessary fields it had about 15 other fields.  These fields were relevant to another filter - which had absolutely nothing to do with this.

As the filter is used to export data to spreadsheet and for calculations, what doesn't appear to be a big issue has turned into a major one.   And it is next to impossible to go back days and fix this as the data in JIRA has no "memory" that can be extracted to filter.

Has any one else encountered this scenario and if so do you know what the cause is.  The only thing I can think of was we had a crash of JIRA earlier this week - but then that doesn't make sense as previous service resets and scheduled maintenance haven't had this impact.

Any ideas anyone??

PS this happened all the time on version v6.2.7, but after upgrading to 6.4.6 seemed to have been fixed (not so much )

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sateesh Chandra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2015

If you use search for any other issues and use the "configure columns" option, the same options will be displayed for the filter as well by default. Did you check this option

0 votes
LynF July 30, 2015

Thank you so much.. That was the answer. 

No I have to go and check and fix all my shared filters smile

Suggest an answer