jira field not editable

Robert Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2015

HI all,

I have a problem and this is how I got there:

1. I have a custom field called "Released Version" and it was tied to a set of projects. 
  2. I needed this to be for all project so I changed it to Global (all issues)
  3. Now for some of my projects it is no editable in those and when I move issues from on the the projects that were defined in step 1 above to this new project it wipes out the field and makes is a value of None and not changeable

Thanks in advance,

Robert

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Robert Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2015

The answer is that the other project does not have a versions set.    Syncing versions fixes the problem.

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2015

When you say "not editable", I guess you mean you can't set it from the "view" screen?  This happens when a field is not on the "edit" screen for the project/issue-type, so check that it's in the edit screens.

I'm not sure I understand the rest of the symptoms you describe in step 3.

Could you also check - it's still working ok in the original rojects?

Robert Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2015

Hi Nic, Yes, it works in all projects. It was a brain cramp by me. The version field stated: None and I was wanting to add version right there in the issue itself. I needed to add versions in the project not the issue. Thanks for the response, Robert

0 votes
Robert Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2015

This is what it looks like when trying to edit the record: Release Version None The version this issue will be fixed in. And the type is a type Version Picker (Single version).

Suggest an answer