jira fails to start after mysql changes parameters

mai mai November 20, 2013

linux:mysql5.5+jira312

/etc/my.cnf
[mysqld]
lower_case_table_names=0

JIRA can start and work well.And We are in this state for a long time.There are many import data in mysql about JIRA.

/etc/my.cnf
[mysqld]
lower_case_table_names=1

JIRA fails to start.

Now,We need to change the parameter from 0 to 1,what can I do?

Is to rename table available?

rename table OS_CURRENTSTEP to os_currentstep;
rename table OS_HISTORYSTEP to os_historystep;
rename table OS_CURRENTSTEP_PREV to os_currentstep_prev;
rename table OS_WFENTRY to os_wfentry;
rename table SEQUENCE_VALUE_ITEM to sequence_value_item;

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2013

Jira expects the names of tables to be a certain case. So the simple answer is that you should not change the names of the tables.

If you really must make this change, then you'll need to rewrite the parts of Jira's core that talk to the database.

mai mai November 21, 2013

I build the same environment on another machine to test renaming mysql table.

To my surprise, it is available.It seem I don't need to rewrite the parts of Jira's core that talk to the database.

Have you ever do a similar test?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2013

Hmm. I haven't tried it with a new installation. Maybe there's something that Jira detects when it first runs that understands the setting, but it doesn't work for an existing Jira because it's already created the tables. Interesting.

Suggest an answer