jira email this issue plug in

Chag
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2014

can someone explain why this plug in is useful besides mail the issue? i'm trying to understand what makes this plug in useful. I was trying to read the documentation but, still nothing? I can email the issue to ppl outside the company and what else?

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.metainf.jira.plugin.emailissue

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2014
We use JETI. You can send e-mails to other users and having it commented in Jira. Recipients could automatically be added as watchers. In our plugin version it is also possible to include a link to attachments by selecting the attachments. This helps instead of adding attachments to e-mails.
0 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2014

Hi John,

Yes, basically this is what this Add-On does. As you can see from their description:

Email issues to anyone in or outside your company

Send issues in email to anyone including email addresses of external users, internal users, issue participants, roles, groups, custom fields. Add issue attachments to the email and comment the issue.

Notify your participants when something happens.

Send automated notifications to internal or external recipients upon issue events or execution of workflow action. You have full control over your notifications. When, who, what it is all up to you.

Process incoming emails and save email addresses

Email This Issue Mail Handler does not only create issues and comments, but sends an auto acknowledment email back to the sender, it saves sender and recipient email addresses to custom fields

;)

Suggest an answer