jira deleting a screen because of blank workflow

Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2015

Hi all,

I want to clean up JIRA and I have a screen that is associated with a blank workflow as shown in the picture below.  I want to delete this but cannot as it is associate with a blank workflow.  I did just cleanup the workflow.  I tried a reindex and that did not help.    

Any ideas on how to find this blank workflow to remove this screen from it?  I have no workflows without names under workflows or workflow schemes.

Thanks in advance,

Robert

image2015-4-29 14:28:32.png

5 answers

1 vote
Stas April 29, 2015

Hi!

Try to find and delete screen with SQL query. Worked for me when i had this "ghost" connection with field/issue.

Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2015

I look through the database and really don't want to just delete the screen that way as I am concerned about broken links etc. Thanks though...

0 votes
Damon Pleasant January 25, 2017

When you associate a screen to the "Create" transition of a workflow, you will see the screen associated with a "blank" workflow.  This, in turn, prevents you from deleting the screen.

You should always control your "Create" transition screen with the project Screen Scheme, where you can designate a specific screen for the action of creating an issue.

0 votes
Damon Pleasant January 25, 2017

Paul,

Have you resolved this issue?  I'm seeing the same thing in my Screen list, and I can't diagnose why I'm seeing a "blank" workflow.

0 votes
Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2015

Also this SQL select workflowname from jiraworkflows where descriptor like 'Event Create Screen'; returns no values?!? (as does this select workflowname from jiraworkflows where descriptor like 'New Create event screen';)

0 votes
Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2015

Oh I also checked this https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/No+delete+option+on+Screens issue and I am not getting that error in my logs.

Suggest an answer